Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Ain't Dead Yet...

All Drama, All The Time!

Still a bit of a twitch left in the ol' carcass...

The last few weeks have been a rough patch of ground, to be sure.

Here's an example:

Had my first tire blowout in years.  I knew the Yokohama Geolandars I bought new in 2008 were getting near the end of their road life, but there's still a good 1/4 to 3/8 tread on the three survivors.
Sidewall damage is what took out #4.  I also found out that my spare tire, faithfully carried in the bed since June of 2006, will NOT fit my truck.  There are 5 lug nuts in a star pattern, but the sizing is way off.

This inability to quickly swap tires, of course, will put a sizable knot in your schedule.

When I bought the truck, there was no spare tire, and I dithered signing on the bottom line until they found me one.  The dealership flunky pitched one in the back, and it's sat there ever since.  I've never needed the damn thing...

So, where does one buy a plain ol' steel wheel for a Ford F-150?  Preferably used, and preferably where I can trade it for the one I've got?