Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Matter Of Timing

I Suppose I Could Live In A Tent On The Back Deck

Y'know, life's got a way of sticking it in ya, then breaking off the handle...

Case in point:

Some time back, I posted about my desire to take an old truck frame and make a parade float/art car/weekend boozer cruiser out of it.

Aside from some poking around on Craigslist, that's as far as it got.  I didn't have the space to store it, nor the money to afford it.

Now, flash forward 6 years.  Got enough money saved to buy an old truck.
Look what appears on eBay:

What do you do with a motorhome that loses a fight with a tree?


Why, you make a flatbed out of it!





What's even better, you put it on eBay for the low price of $1800.

OK, bus ticket to Utah, $200.  200 gallons of diesel,  $600.  Call it $3000 total to get it back to Houston...  Even got a holiday weekend coming up!

BUT...

I'm buying that house!!  I have no money anymore!

DAMNDAMNDAMNDAMN!!!!

Life, she can be cruel at times.