Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Final Post for 2014

See!  That Wasn't Too Maudlin!

I'd like to say that 2014 has been a real kidneystone of a year, but truth be told, it's dealt out some good along with the bad.

Along with the minor health issues, car wreck, family squabbles and increasing withdrawal from any form of meatspace social life, I've had continued employment, better overall health than I probably deserve, a mostly-operating vehicle, and even a couple of salary bumps.

Life's not perfect by any means, but it can always suck just a little bit more than it does.

And despite how cliché it might sound, that's part of what keeps me going.

It's the easiest thing in the world to just say "Fuck it, the world/God/Life hates me, I quit", and just fade into a miserable pile of goo.

Somehow, you find the gumption to push the giant dungball up the hill just one more time, praying the Sysiphusian V8 powering the whole affair don't vapor-lock or throw a rod...

2015 will have some big changes.  Serious, life-altering, end-of-an-era changes.  I'm still not ready to talk about it, as I'm still processing and planning.

As such, I'm not even going to try and post as often as I feel obligated to.  The recent 2-3 posts a week will probably become the new normal around here.  Sorry for turning off the tap, but a brownout's better than pitch black!

Best of luck to you and yours in the New Year!

See y'all in 2015!

Sincerely,

El Capitan