Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"To Properly Serve Employees"

"It's A Cookbook!  It's A COOKBOOK!!!!"

Ever wonder why it's so frickin' painful to force yourself up out of drowsiness and back to a state of alertness?

I could swear there was a time in my life when I could nap at the drop of a hat, and pop back into 'real time' with no ill effects.

No longer...  I kinda ooze my way into drowsiness like wading into quicksand, and the return trip is never fun.

It's made a lot worse by the damn heat in this office...   Winter is almost upon us, and rather than continue to cool the building for the last few 80 degree+ days, the building management has turned off the AC and left us to parboil.

So, you've got a tall building full of warm sleepy employees being slowly poached into prime tenderness.  All the better for fixing the budget woes.  Just push a few of the really juicy folks into the stew pot, and the rest will snooze right through lunch anyway...