Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, August 29, 2014

Oh, Not This Again...

Bill Ruger Is Torturing Me From Beyond The Grave!

Dammit.  I just had a good long run of not wanting any particular firearm enough to go shell out the bucks to acquire it.

Don't worry, there's still plenty of guns left on my "Gotta Own Before I Die" list, but lately other interests have been occupying my time, and "Actively shop for boomsticks" has been on the back burner for months and months.

Until now...

Ruger has unveiled a new Redhawk revolver.

Via Gunblast.com, from whom I "borrowed" the pic, I learn that my 4" barreled Redhawk is now no longer the snubbiest big-bore snubby in the Ruger catalog.  (I don't count the Super Redhawk Alaskan, 'cause it's uglier than a sackful of cankered assholes)

The shortest barrel award on an aesthetically-pleasing gat now belongs to this critter:


2.75 inch tube.  Got a round butt on it, too.  Easier to tuck under a coattail.

Not available in anything but .44 Magnum, though.  I had hoped to see it in .45 Long Colt, just so I wouldn't have to mix & match ammo, but what the hell.  I don't own a .44 Mag yet, anyway.

So, it's now at the top of the shopping list.  A special release from Talo Distributors, it should be in stores pretty soon.