Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Guardians Of The Who??

Even My Nerdism Has Its Limits...

Last Friday at the regular poker game I had an invite to go see this new flick called 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.

I respectfully declined the offer, 'cause I just have no effin' idea what the hell these Guardians are all about, and no real impetus to find out.

Oh, I'm culturally aware enough to understand that this is another comic book movie. It's just that this particular comic has apparently been spawned and grown popular enough to warrant a movie long after my active comics collecting days were over.

Now, I will admit to being pleasantly surprised by some sci-fi related flicks that I took a gamble on. That first Riddick movie, 'Pitch Black', was fantastic. (The rest? Eh, not so much...) 'Cowboys & Aliens' & 'John Carter of Mars' were slices of enjoyable hokum. 'Super 8', 'I Am Number Four', 'Pacific Rim' & 'Oblivion' were all a lot of fun.

Mutant space pilot raccoons, however? Nah, I'll pass...