Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, June 20, 2014

No Wonder It Sank...

This Is Why I'm Not An Engineer.

Well, crap...

A few months ago, Nate from Wasted Electrons got me interested in the Metal Earth scale models.

I've built about 10 so far, and I've got another dozen waiting to be built.  Fun, but can be extremely tedious if you don't have reptilian patience and some attention to detail.  And tweezers.  Gotta have tweezers...

I got about 90% finished on a tiny little scale model of the Titanic, and I just discovered I've left off part of the weather deck and superstructure.

I got in a hurry to match up the upper deck with the hull, and left off a crucial step. Now, I can't see a means of retracing my steps.  Once you bend the little metal tabs, they don't like to come undone.

So, call it quits, and buy another copy?  Or just shitcan the thing?  To be honest, it's one of the less impressive models in terms of being an accurate representation of the original.

Here's a pic from the website.  It's about 4 inches in length, which makes it about a 2600:1 scale model, if I didn't bollix up the math.



Also, I'm totally stoked about starting the Apollo Lunar Lander.

Might just have to scuttle the Titanic!