Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Almost There...

I Miss Having Interest Paid On Bank Accounts

The stockpiling of cash continues...

I'm trying to hit a certain goal before consigning my truck to the depths of the repair shop for an extended tour.  In addition to a lot of steering & suspension work, I'd like to get a lot of nitpicky issues resolved, like replacing the fritzed stereo amp, the non-functioning driver's window, and the chronic issue with the effed-up turn & hazard signals.

Of course, doing all this plus leaving a workable reserve in savings means I haven't bought any big-ticket items in quite a while.

That list is growing, too.  New PC, new phone, Kindle or tablet, new guns...

Or, I just keep squirreling away the cash. Kinda nice watching that balance grow, and it's not like I haven't been on outdated equipment for, well, my entire life...