Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, March 14, 2014

What's All This Fuss About Pie??

Yeah!  It's Weekend Already!!

March 14.  3.14.  OK, I get it.  Whatever...

Good news, in small doses.

Had a fun time last night in traffic court.  In real life, it's not nearly as amusing as that TV show 'Night Court' made it out to be.  Same collection of freaks and weirdos, though, and that was just on the "official" side of the bench.

Got $500+ of citations reduced down to $288.   The judge also ignored that I'd attached my license plate with baling wire instead of a holding bracket.

Wear your seatbelts, folks.  That's a pricy ticket...


Did a bit of movie watching recently, via the Redbox.  'Pitch Black' is one of my favorite skiffy/horror flicks, and I hoped 'Riddick' would be fun.

Um, no.  Not so much.  Even getting a nice peek at Katee Sackhoff's big lesbian boobies didn't really save that one.

'Ender's Game' was... long.  Full of whiny kids. Full of whiny Harrison Ford & Ben Kingsley.
Didn't much care for it.

'Catching Fire', the second of the Hunger Games films was OK.  Felt a bit disjointed and rushed at times, but it's the middle act of a three (four, really) act play.  Jennifer Lawrence is cute as a speckled pup, as usual.

'Thor: The Dark World':  Two hours of my life I'll never get back...